Thursday, May 24, 2012

CL Finds and Sage Green

CL and coffee is how I start my mornings. I seem to keep coming across these Federal Dressers on CL. In fact I have two still sitting in my garage. I'm thinking maybe I'll paint the next one pink.




I just bought a MUCH needed new living room set and the throw pillows have sage green in them so that's what I decided to mix up w/ the various oops paints I had on hand.

Naturally, I stripped and stained the top. I just love that look!

If this dresser had a middle drawer, I'd keep it and use it as a console for my flat screen. Oh that's right I don't have a flat screen. Am I the only one who still has a 200 pound tube tv???


There he is, my son, and his cheesy face taking advantage of a photo op!

Have a Happy Memorial Weekend Everyone!!

Linking up here....  







Primitive and Proper






  shabby creek cottage

9 comments:

Allison@FabRehab said...

those turned out AMAZING!! The top looks so rich! Great job again, Sue!

Katy said...

i love the color. fantastic !

Unknown said...

Love the finish on your pieces and the stained top. We have one flat screen in the family room but still have 3 of the huge ones.

Jamie @ Domestically Vintage said...

Beautiful furniture! Love the paint color. Fabulous job! ~ Jamie

Miss Charming said...

Such a lovely makeover. I love that you kept the wood top. (And such beautiful flowers!)

The Polka Dot Closet said...

You are the best furniture re-finisher! I love it along with all of your transformations. I am so going to start stalking Craigslist!

Carol

6th Grade said...

gorgeous redo, perfect color, amazing flowers!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

This is an amazing transformation! The color you chose gives this dresser a very modern look. I too, love the look of a stained and not painted top! Beautifully done!!!!
I am so glad I stopped by.

Cassie Bustamante said...

so pretty! the color is classic and the tops look stunning!