Friday, March 23, 2012

Tiffany Blue

Found this set at the flea market. I grew up with this style furniture...yup I was a 70's child where Friday nights meant the Brady Bunch and Partridge Family. I'll bet most of you who were born in the mid 60's probably had something similar growing up.


I mixed a bunch of oops paints together and came up with the prettiest shade of blue....Tiffany Box Blue. That's what it reminds me of, as if I ever got anything from Tiffany's, ha!



After all I'm a Marshall's girl :)

Linking up here....

 Mod Vintage Life
 UndertheTableandDreaming

11 comments:

Katie @ Wildwood Creek said...

I love the lines of this furniture and the color!

Unknown said...

You came up with a great colour and it looks so fresh and pretty now.

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

So soft and pretty!

Allison@FabRehab said...

You mixed that? Perfection!! I'm going to start calling you "Blue Sue"! ;)

Maureen said...

Love the color! I used to hate this style. I guess it's because I grew up in the 70's and it was overkill but now I love it. Especially the pulls.

Linda at French Hollow said...

That is a beautiful shade of blue for sure. I love the white trim too. Great job!

Maureen said...

They look really nice. I did a 2 drawer night stand like them and it was so nice to work with. No veneer or crappy stuff to deal with. Just good old paint.

Beth said...

I would have been in Heaven with that set in 70's!! And I had a winter coat that color of blue when I was 5-wore it to death. I love that shade!!

Unknown said...

totally looks like a tiffany blue ;) love it

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

It's darling, Sue!

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

I love oops, and I can't believe you mixed a bunch to get that perfect shade of blue for your chest of drawers and table!
love them both!
gail