Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Vaseline Trick

I love the chippy look of furniture and couldn't wait to try out Kim's vaseline trick. If you aren't familiar w/ Kim, well she does some awesome furniture redo's over at A Brush of Whimsy

I found this awesome dresser at the flea market....$30...cheap finds are my favorite! Some of the casters were missing so I just yanked them all off.

Mixed up some blue paint....really wanted it to be a little grayer but that always seems to happen to me. Primed w/ Kilz spray primer 'cause I'm lazy and just want to get down to painting. I put down the vaseline before I primed and was careful around those areas when I painted. Won't get into a big long explanation of the vaseline trick 'cause Kim has already done that for you. Check her out! Sanded the top down and stained w/ Minwax Dark Walnut.




Linking up here...



 Photobucket


8 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

it turned out so awesome, sue! i am going to need to try that vaseline trick at some point!

The Sheridans said...

Looks fantastic!

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

It looks beautiful, Sue! I really love the color and those glass knobs! You were so sweet to mention me. :)

Chrissie said...

Gorgeous! I have to try that vaseline.$30!, you always amaze me with your bargains!

Pretty Unique Furniture said...

It is gorgeous, beautiful legs and handles :)

Anna said...

I have a similar dresser that I use for a tv stand. When I got mine it was already painted a cream color. I love the gray and wood top combo you chose

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Love it! I haven't tried Kim's trick yet...but I SO need to!

Amanda@RelovedRubbish said...

Sue, your dresser is so beautiful! It is funny because I found this dresser's twin at a yard sale and just finished fixing it up.

Happy 4th of July!

xoxo
Amanda