Sunday, April 17, 2011

Cute Cottage Chair

This chair was a $5 flea market find. It has pretty cottage lines and ya gotta just love that orange fabric. I filled in some of the dings, primed and painted it Ben Moore White Dove and recovered it in a pretty blue and white fabric. I had a new cushion made up at the flea market. How convenient is that?  There's a shop inside that cuts foam. One stop shopping...gotta love that! I really love this chair and it goes perfectly w/ my new family room set. I just wish I had space for it :(

Before
Thinking maybe I should slightly distress. My daughter says no, but I would so like my bloggy friends opinions.


After
Linking up here...

Boogieboard Cottage






9 comments:

Casey Lee said...

I think it looks GREAT! I think it depends on where in the house you will be placing it on if it should be distressed or not. Thats my advice! If it makes any sense! ;)

Susie @ Step inside my home said...

Your bargain chair has great lines! It looks great with white paint. Very fresh looking! ~Susie

Anonymous said...

Cute and sooo cottage! Love the fabric, too. I wish we had a place to get foam cut. How awesome is that? I love the shabby look but I think this looks beautiful just the way it is.

XO,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

I like it the way it is, but if you were going to distress it I would go with only slightly. It looks lovely, great job :)

Atticmag said...

Nice job and a definite improvement. Love blue and white fabric. Jane

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Sue, I so struggle with that question, in my home I leave somethings pristine white and some get only a light distressing. In the antiques booth, I usually shabby things up a lot. You could always leave it and let it shabby it's self up with time!!

Carol

LBB said...

I'm not much help for you! I paint and repaint so much here :)
I love the change you made to it so far!!

PamelaAnn said...

I struggle with the same quandry - to distress or not to distress....I bought a used rocker that had a fresh coat of white paint and decided to leave it as it is, especially since the bright pink print unholstery stood out better to me. If the pattern was more subtle and muted, I may have gone with a distressed look, but am happy I decided to leave this particular piece "as is'.

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

It is so pretty! Every time I distress I think just how adorable it makes a piece look, so I vote distress! :)